Here are the members of the 2016-2017 Fightin’ Texas Aggie Wranglers!
What Do We Do?
The Aggie Wranglers travel all across Texas, the United States, and the world performing choreographed high-speed polka routines and our internationally famous Aggie-style jitterbug. We have been honored with personal invitations by President George Bush to perform in Washington DC, the opening of the Qatar branch of Texas A&M University in the Middle East, the christening of the USS Texas nuclear submarine in Virginia, the 750th Anniversary of Gravelotte, Germany, the Retailing Hall of Fame in New York City, the Steamboat Springs MusicFest, Walt Disney World in Orlando, and the Houston Texans halftime show.
Each year, the Aggie Wranglers teach approximately 2,000 students, faculty, staff, and community members how to polka, two-step, waltz, and jitterbug through our dance lessons are offered in six sessions, two sessions each in the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
The purpose of the Aggie Wranglers is to positively promote the Aggie Spirit through performing and teaching our distinctive style of country and western dance.
- Integrity: Holding yourself accountable to learn, understand, and manifest the expectations and privileges of being an Aggie Wrangler.
- Respect: Fostering an environment of support, understanding, and appreciation within the team that will influence interactions within the community.
- Humility: Each member should take a gracious and selfless approach to learning, teaching, performing, and interacting with the community.
- Commitment: Personal dedication towards partner and team development to ensure the longevity of the organization.
- Partnership: A mutual investment in a relationship that fosters support, equality, trust, and safety.
Meet the Team!
Click on a team member’s name to get to know more about them